Studio8 Artists section is currently closed for submissions

Art news & posts that can't be categorized.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Studio8 Artists section is currently closed for submissions

Post by Doreen Peri » November 7th, 2004, 6:40 pm

Since we launched the Visual Artists section of the site
( http://studioeight.tv/imagesartists.html ), I have received several requests from artists who want to have their work added to that section.

I appreciate the interest from all of you, but unfortunately, I can't take any more submissions for that section of the site right now.

I am currently working on the Writers pages and hope to launch that section soon.

After that, I need to add content to all of the other sections of the site, prior to opening up the Visual Artists section again for new submissions.

If you are interested in a Visual Artists page, please keep archiving your work in digital format on your local drive and when the time comes where I have time to expand that area of the site, I will make an announcement that submissions are again being accepted.

Thanks for understanding.

Studio Eight is a big project which will continually be growing.

The good news is, the content management software has been successfully installed and is currently being set up for the upcoming Artlogs areas of the site. When this section opens, many of you will have your own areas of the site where you will be able to upload your own art works whenever you want. More on that later.

Only so much can be done at once.... The site must be assembled little by little. I have a myriad of material for all the other sections which I haven't had time to publish yet. Which means there are musicians and columnists and essayists and philosophers and movie reviewers and theater people and tv/radio people and more, who are all wondering why I have not published their material yet.

The main problem is that there are only 24 hours in a day and I have to fit in my regular work 8 or more hours a day, plus sleep and family responsibilities. This site is a labor of love and I fit in working on it whenever I can squeeze it in, but it's not going to happen overnight.

This is a work in progress. I appreciate your patience.
Last edited by Doreen Peri on December 23rd, 2004, 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » November 15th, 2004, 11:23 pm

i appreciate your skill. The site is magnificent. i often click on to admire the clean gallery lines.

(judih)

Return to “Artstalk”