Query

Need help? Ask here. Post site feedback here.
e_dog

Query

Post by e_dog » September 3rd, 2004, 5:47 pm

(hey that sounds like Queerie.) anyway,

how did ye arrive at the name "studioeight" and what does the "tv" signify?
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 3rd, 2004, 6:38 pm

hey e-dog! welcome! Glad you found us!

ok, so here's the story... I've always liked the number 8. It's a pretty number. It's so fluid and even. Plus, it looks like infinity sideways.

When I first got online about 6 years ago, I created an email address called studioeigh@aol.com. At that time, there was a limited amount of characters you could use in an email address, so that's why the t is missing. I did this because I was thinking of taking my business, Design Plus, in a new direction and work on creating artwork which I could show and sell. I though Studio Eight was a good name because having Studio in the name suggested artwork and I loved the number 8.

But I never did what I planned. I was working all the time and didn't have time to create artwork to sell. I kept the email address... still have it... thinking that one day, I'd create something using the name Studio Eight.

When the idea came to me to create this website which will be a showcase for many artists of different genres, I couldn't think of a name. I started a thread on Litkicks asking for words or phrases that meant "artistic synergy" and got some great feedback. But still, the name wouldn't come to me. Then, I realized it was right in front of me the whole time. It was the name Studio Eight which I'd wanted to use for so long. How did it fit? Well, to present artists of many genres is like a studio and the infinite possibilities of collaboration of many artistic genres was (in my head) represented by the 8 symbol (infinity sideways). Long explanation. Short answer is, I liked the name. ;) Then, I had to turn it into a silly acronym which nobody will remember but it was fun to create the catagories of the site based on the letters in the name.

Why the TV domain? Well, I tried to get studioeight.com but it was taken. The other choices which were available ... dot net... dot org....dot biz, etc... didn't appeal to me. Dot tv is shorter and so I picked that one. After all, the internet is sorta like interactive TV in a way, isn't it?

Hoping to launch the site by the end of October but I donno... there's still a lot of work to do. For now, we have these forums and I'm very happy so many have come to post here .... we were W8ing for you... but you're not too L8... hehe... hang around and CRE8!

thanks for asking... sorry for the wordy answer. It's just me, doreen.. i say a whole lot without saying much sometimes. :)

bring your friends... there's no cover charge and the drinks are on us.

Return to “Help & Feedback”