EVE OF DESTRUCTION ( Scott Ritter)

What in the world is going on?
Zlatko Waterman

EVE OF DESTRUCTION ( Scott Ritter)

Post by Zlatko Waterman » October 24th, 2007, 9:38 am

My favorite Iraq ( and other) war truth-teller, ex-marine Col. Scott Ritter and U.N. Chief Weapons Inspector, has written another fine overview. This one catches the hubris, the swollen, misshapen U.S. ( and Cheney-warped) version of Iraq, Iran, and the world to come.

Anyone remember the old song," Eve of Destruction"?

( link to Barry Maguire's song lyrics)

http://www.ocap.ca/songs/evedestr.html

Yes, Ritter is right: the "stifling of informed dissent" ( by Hadley and others) is always a totalitarian regime's first responsibility:

( Ritter article link from truthout.com)

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/102207C.shtml

--Z

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 24th, 2007, 9:47 am

White House Refutes Religious Motivation For Support
The evangelical stance on the Middle East conflict is being heard all across the country on Christian media, including in the nation's capital.
On the "700 Club," Pat Robertson said, "Realizing the biblical implications, I would recommend some of you read the 38th chapter of the prophet Ezekiel to get a real fix on what's happening."
From ABC News

Hal Lindsey got it all figured out so does John Hagee.

Hagee explored this from a political standpoint in his interpretation of scripture, "Jerusalem Countdown," which has sold more than 600,000 copies. The book's geopolitics are very precise, beginning with an alliance between Russia and the Islamic world.

"Russia is going to get in that position and they are literally, with all that massive military force, going to attack Israel," Hagee said. "This is recorded in Ezekiel 38 and 39. God himself is literally going to destroy that army. Decimate it."

And he said that will be followed by a Chinese army of 200 million coming to the city of Armageddon where they will meet British and U.S. forces in the Battle of Armageddon.
jhm.org
Last edited by stilltrucking on October 24th, 2007, 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 24th, 2007, 9:56 am

President Bush's relationship with "God" (or that which he refers to as God) is a matter of public record. The president himself has stated that "God speaks through me" (he acknowledged this before a group of Amish in Pennsylvania in the summer of 2004). Exactly how God speaks through him, and what precisely God says, is not a matter of speculation. According to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, President Bush told him and others that "God told me to strike at al-Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did." As such, at least in the president's mind, God has ordered Bush to transform himself into a modern incarnation of St. Michael, smiting all that is evil before him. "We are in a conflict between good and evil. And America will call evil by its name," the president told West Point cadets in a speech in 2002.
from the ritter article

For some reason I am reminded of the Junkers in Germany, they thought H*tler was going to be their puppet.
Speaking of imprinting:
I wonder if they still have those prayer meetings in the white house?

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » October 24th, 2007, 1:21 pm

we gonna meet 200,000 chinese soldiers in the city of armeggadon?
let's see, memme that would be taskent, on the old silk road, which at this time has some tea houses and a few isolated buddhists in a mostly muslim populace.

i guess that the russkies and the chinese will team up agin the yanks and th brits,
hell, when they do, argentina should make another try at the maldives.

lord help us.
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 25th, 2007, 7:05 pm

In the early third millenium B.C.E., Megiddo was already a city fortified by enormous walls; a thousand years later Megiddo was one of the centers of the Egyptian rule in Canaan. Megiddo was strategically invaluable: It overlooked the Eiron River in the heart of the ancient Via Maris, which led from Egypt and Damascus.

http://www.parks.org.il/ParksENG/compan ... ber=507185
200 hundrd million Chinese not 200 hundred thousand
Not sure if the Christian Zionists have as much influence as they seem to. But they seem to get a lot of attention. Or maybe I just watch too much TV.

btw
the link to eve of destruction lyrics is not working for me

Here is another one
http://www.brownielocks.com/eveofdestruction.html

That song reminds me of another apocalyptic song
In the year 2525
Oddly, the song appeared on the list of songs deemed inappropriate by Clear Channel following the September 11, 2001 attacks. It would seem the only connection to the terrorist attacks is the song's apocalyptic toneNumber six on the worst one hundred rock songs of all time
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_The_Year_2525

In the year 2525
If man is still alive.
If woman can survive, they may find.

In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies.
Everything you think, do and say, is in the pill you took today.
I like Ritter a lot
the imprinting I am familiar with is that of birds, where it is the first thing they see not the last that imprints on them. Not sure if that makes any difference.

FYI information Eric Prince the Head of Blackwater is a generous backer of Dobson.

from the ritter article

That James Dobson, one of the most powerful and influential evangelical voices in America today, would be invited to the White House with like-minded clergy to discuss President Bush's Iran policy is absurd unless one makes the link between Bush's personal faith, the extreme religious beliefs of Dobson and the potential of Armageddon-like conflict (World War III). At this point, the absurd becomes unthinkable, except it is all too real.
sorry for the spew Professor

mnaz

Post by mnaz » October 25th, 2007, 8:22 pm

I think it is important for people to realize to potential danger for large-scale disaster that some of these "evangelistic" (or Zionistic or whichever term you prefer) nutballs pose to the rest of the human race if they gain enough power to push their misbegotten, misperceived apocalyptic doctrines toward self-fulfilling prophecy. It used to be something I laughed off, but I'm not laughing so much in the last couple years. Good article. Thanks.

Return to “Culture, Politics, Philosophy”