“Rich bitch.”

Animal Welfare Issues.
stilltrucking

“Rich bitch.”

Post by stilltrucking » September 3rd, 2007, 9:20 am

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 4th, 2007, 8:32 pm

The house keeper who fed Trouble was bit twelve times in three months. She sued for nerve damage to her hand but the NY Courts threw the case out because of some technicality about workman's comp. Said you could not sue your employer.

So now that Trouble has twelve million dollars the house keeper has filled suit against the dog.

abcrystcats

Post by abcrystcats » December 4th, 2007, 10:18 pm

Is this supposed to be me? I have never sued anybody in my life. As for my cats biting me , that's par for the course. I deal with cats biting me whenever I move or do something that terrifies them (like taking a feral one to the vet).

I WISH I could sue somebody! I wish I would! I wish I had the nerve! Someone I trusted took about $6,000 from me when I left California. He wasn't even a boyfriend, just a person who was going to do work for me. And, oh yeah. He also took and abandoned my VW, worth another $2,000. Then I came to this state and got screwed out of another 3K by an unprincipled landlord. My current landlord has me over a barrel and after 6 floodings and 11 cats she has permitted to stay here, I am pleading for my life!

Sue somebody??? Do the poor sue the rich? Or the immoral? You tell me.

I have these CATZ -- 11 to be precise. I live for them. I want them to be safe. I try to tread lightly. Anyone can walk on me and they usually do.

I can pretend that I have something to say. Not lately, but in the past. That is about all the clout I carry.

I am totally blown away that Doreen has not archived this page by now ... she should have, because I haven't been here. She is too nice.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » December 5th, 2007, 12:07 am

Is this supposed to be me?
Not unless you are Leona Helmsley's dog Princess aka Trouble. Helmsley's house keeper is suing the dog. The dog bit the housekeeper repeatedly and now she has nerve damage. She tried suing Helmley when she was still alive but according to NYC workman's comp laws you can't sew your employer. Not sure how that goes but the wind up is the housekeeper decided to sue the dog.

Nice to see you back cat
where you been?

maybe you couldn't open the link, this is the first couple paragraphs

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/03/nyreg ... hLidPVaYYA

Multimillionaire Dog Can’t Buy Herself a Friend

She has a thing for cream cheese and long walks in the park. Like many New Yorkers, she is well fed, well groomed and well medicated (for her thyroid and kidney troubles). At the age of 8, she has already been the star of a national advertising campaign and the subject of at least one messy lawsuit.

She has spent most of her days in pampered luxury, in a penthouse apartment at the top of the Park Lane Hotel, at the southern edge of Central Park. A hotel pianist once wrote a tune for her. A hotel chef cooked her meals, and a housekeeper served them, hand-feeding her steamed carrots and other vegetables with grilled chicken.

Life, in fact, got to be so good that some people had to watch what they said around her. They didn’t want to offend her — or her owner and best friend, Leona Helmsley — by calling her, of all things, a dog.

“Nobody could say ‘the dog,’ ” said Zamfira Sfara, 48, a former housekeeper for Mrs. Helmsley, who Ms. Sfara said preferred a more regal term for her beloved pet:

Princess.

But she is a canine — the richest, most talked about and most controversial dog in a city of dogs. Mrs. Helmsley, the hotel magnate who died last month at age 87, showed her enduring love for her dog, whose actual name is Trouble, by leaving the dog $12 million in her will. Mrs. Helmsley was not as generous to her chauffeur, who was awarded $100,000, or to two of her grandchildren, who received nothing, the 14-page will states, “for reasons which are known to them.”

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » February 12th, 2008, 1:01 pm

we got 4 cats
gotta call the vet you just reminded me
they thank you
cat karma!
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Return to “Cathouse”