Reverend O'Bama

The Philosophy of Art & Aesthetics.

Moderator: e_dog

Totenkopf

Reverend O'Bama

Post by Totenkopf » January 10th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Those who doubt BO's "biblethumperness" might peruse this WaPo article from a few months ago:

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Barack Obama chastised fellow Democrats on Wednesday for failing to "acknowledge the power of faith in the lives of the American people," and said the party must compete for the support of evangelicals and other churchgoing Americans.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00281.html

In addition to receiving far more in donations from religious institutions than ANY other candidate (Dem or GOP), Obama nearly matches Clinton II in terms of corporate fundraising (both of them substantially outdistance Edwards, and the GOPers as well).

Many people assume that American democrats represent the forces of secularism--- to a much greater extent than do the GOP, or libertarians--- but few people bother justifying that assumption. Yes, in general it's probably accurate--but only slightly. Like some of the fundies in the campaign (Huckabee), Obama has (as noted in a previous thread) in fact challenged the separation of church and state, or at least questioned it. Is that an effective tactic as well? Probably, to some.

But the real issue relates to "RealPolitik":--do Americans vote for some vague theological--- or platonic--- political "Good" or "Justice" in general (however that is defined---gut glueck); or do they vote for the person who is most likely to advance their own goals and economic interests? Most likely the latter. (and that's sort of what Hume suggested as well).

e_dog

Post by e_dog » January 11th, 2008, 10:01 pm

No, they vote for the one makes em tingle just a bit inside.

Sexy Reagan.
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

e_dog

Post by e_dog » January 18th, 2008, 3:05 pm

See! See! I predicted it!

Obama's a freakin' Reaganite!

Obama Appears to Laud Reagan for Confronting 1960-70s “Excesses”
In campaign news, Senator Barack Obama is coming under criticism for appearing to slight the civil rights and feminist movements while expressing admiration for former President Ronald Reagan. In an interview with the editorial board of the Reno Gazette, Obama lauded Reagan’s challenge to what Obama called the “excesses” of the 1960s and 1970s.

Senator Barack Obama: “I think Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not and in a way that Bill Clinton did not. He put us on a fundamentally different path, because the country was ready for it. I think they felt like with all the excesses of the 1960s and 1970s and government had grown and grown, but there wasn’t much sense of accountability in terms of how it was operating. I think people—he just tapped into what people were already feeling, which was we want clarity, we want optimism, we want a return to that sense of dynamism and entrepreneurship that had been missing."
www.democracynow.org

Totenkopf

Post by Totenkopf » January 20th, 2008, 12:51 am

BO shows his un-real colours. (though some might have suspected BO of a certain rightist tilt a few moons ago when he stumped for 40 days of Faith and Phamily). Obama however does not seem quite as unnerving as say a real theocratic robot such as Mitt Moroni or the Huckster. Mittopolis would not be such a copacetic place for any non-Nephitic.

(Froehliche Geburtstag, E.A. Poe)

e_dog

Post by e_dog » January 20th, 2008, 5:37 pm

whats nephitic?

sumthin ado bout the kidneys?

Totenkopf

Post by Totenkopf » January 21st, 2008, 3:48 pm

Ye know not of Mormonic doctrine, e.e.? The Nephites (nephitistical) are sort of the chosen Mormon peeps--the Lamanites unchosen. There are other tribes, and the code's been PC'ed to some extent over last few years, but the Nephi are top-dawgs ( akin to aryans for nutzis). Ever heard of the State of Deseret? Sort of Mormonic beulah-land: the Morms claim the entire western USA as Zion (and indeed eventually the entire Welt, if not galaxy). They got plans --for their own, and for the non-mormon. Indeed there's probably a little Mormonic book somewhere with ee's own--your own--- genetic heritage notated (and some black marks next to it)

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » January 29th, 2008, 5:01 pm

Oh man you mean kopacetic!
SNAFU!
for some reason i dont wanna look up mormon history
had the scientologists at bay today

wonder how he swayed massassachussettsss

come to think of it
my last aviation job was with michigan national bank
mormons from metro detroit
i quit

but i like obama's mama
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

e_dog

Post by e_dog » February 1st, 2008, 1:10 am

Maybe, T-kopf, if you accept Jesus into yr heart you wouldn't say mean things about obama.

Totenkopf

Post by Totenkopf » February 3rd, 2008, 3:32 pm

Rev. BO has sounded more Xtian than aboout any of the candy-dates, even the whack-jobs like Hucklebee or Rottney. A Xtian is a xtian. Had Hillary campaigned on a "faith and family" platfrom (as Obama did all of Fall '07) , the Kossacks and other leftist blogs would have exploded into byatch slapping

e_dog

Post by e_dog » February 3rd, 2008, 5:10 pm

But Obama's (sort of) black. dare to Hope. send whitey -- Hillbilly or Edvards -- to the veeps mansion.

Totenkopf

Post by Totenkopf » February 3rd, 2008, 5:34 pm

Stump for Hill, e. Why? Her man Bill about to kick it. So she's single when he passed, and still sort of hot. Bi even, reportedly. Starts to shack up with some.....yess hottie bi or lez broads. Madame Pelosi over for afternoon dee-light. Even Chelsea. The Big White House of Sapphic Luvv, baybe. Yeah, weblinx, etc. That's politics, pomo style.

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » February 3rd, 2008, 10:05 pm

there is a bit o diff
tween southern christian leadership conference
an th good ol
southern babtist convention
yassa!libbatyville

bill ain't gonna croak
he's got th same doctors
dickhead cheney has

sides
bill's gonna be th house honkey
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

e_dog

Post by e_dog » February 5th, 2008, 4:13 am

is Bill ill?

poor guy. all he ever wanted was ta get laid.

who can blame 'im?

Haven't you been reading m' posts, totebag? I'm fer Huckabea. Or the Rominator.

Totenkopf

Post by Totenkopf » February 5th, 2008, 11:55 pm

Vote for Huck the Revelator, and the time of........TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS, and the impending arrival of She Who Rides the Beast, and some cool Wagnerian brass section

e_dog

Post by e_dog » February 7th, 2008, 5:45 am

Huckaman got style. He's a preacher man. So is hilly. she likey likey God God.

Return to “The Anti-Academy”