last weekend alone as a bachelor.....5/18/08

Reality written.
YABYUM

last weekend alone as a bachelor.....5/18/08

Post by YABYUM » May 18th, 2008, 9:58 pm

my love left on friday....

my love left on friday .
she, my love, brought to me, at work, a snack before the road she hit.

i kissed her, or she kissed me.
i said the words, as did she.

my love returns tonite.
she, my love, willed me to husbandhood, vows to be personal, said aloud this coming friday.

when my love is gone, i am gone.
i could cry right now.
when my love is not home, home is not where my heart is.

even the cats keep to themselves.

while my love was away, i built her idea out of wood.
i painted it, i made it be real, and i love her for the idea.

i am going to marry denese.
five days away.

i wanna write more, but i gotta go write my vows.
http://frombeerstobabies.blogspot.com/

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » May 18th, 2008, 10:19 pm

5 days!
blog, i say

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » May 19th, 2008, 7:31 am

Here comes that all important day for you and her!!!! :D
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 24th, 2009, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YABYUM

Post by YABYUM » May 19th, 2008, 5:08 pm

ok, judih....here goes.....since you say!

today the butterflies really started fluttering. i dont really know why. its not "cold feet". i couldnt want this anymore. i guess im just nervous about the reception party. is that strange? ive read my poetry in front of crowds and yet the irea of being in the spotlight in front of 100 people i have never met is kind of daunting. my invitation list was 10 people. my dad, my freind jr and nick from jersey, and the rest are work mates. everyone else is on deneses list. i love to dance, yet almost go white thinking about having the first dance in front of all those people. then there's the toasting. oh my god is that gonna be odd. denese and i both are freaking out about the "reception line" and saying hi and thanks to all those people, some are strangers to her also.

denese came home yesterday from the suprise bridal shower with some awesome gifts. the best, to me, is the new vaccuum. the old one was so old it was endorsed by christ. we vaccuumed last night and had to empty the container four times. it was frighteningly disgusting. but boy this vaccuum really sucks. (rim shot) i also built denese a cubby for the nursery. she saw one in the ikea catalog and it was like 200 dollars. i built the same frigan thing in two hours for twenty dollars. i have to say it is quite awesome. i should look into selling them. i'll see about posting a picture. we also got some great kitchen stuff a sexy lingerie nighty for pregnant women.

whats with this "something new, something used, something borrowed, and something blue" myth about the brides attire? denese takes it very serious. just between us, i think its kind of silly.

i also should mention that denese hand made all the invites. her dress is being made by her mother and aunt. all the table favors are being made by denese as well. she is making little boxes with ribbons and things. inside the boxes are various little things, my favorite being the m&m's that are pink (her color) and JETS green (my color) the pink ones are stamped with the date of our wedding and the green ones say Ronnie and Denese.

the gardener was there last weekend getting the lascape all pimped out. denese saw it, i was home. I pray to whatever deity cotrols the weather to keep the rain away. that would really frigan suck.

all in all, i cant wait until after the reception when denese and i are on the way to our honeymoon suite. the hotel, i hear, is ten minutes from the reception. my dad is renting us a car for our three day honeymoon in portland. we'll have all our sightseeing venues paid for, wich is awesome. i am looking forward to the zoo.

i gotta stop now. time to go to work.
i will try to post something else before the wedding, but i doubt it.
we will be leaving for portland wed night. then its run, run, run until the deep sigh of relief on saturday night.

there will be plenty of pictures to share with you.

thanks for reading.

ps...thanks for the chapbook Dav the Dov. i havent had a free moment to read it yet. but i will. still waiting for yours judih.......i guess it would take longer to get here from isreal than wisconsin.
http://frombeerstobabies.blogspot.com/

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » May 19th, 2008, 9:53 pm

ronnie, the chapbook will arrive just as you are happily at the Portland Zoo - it's fate.
It will be a gorgeous sunny day on the day, but none of the m&m's will melt.
The 100 people will all be so busy crying for joy that they'll be wiping their eyes as you 2 dance and no one will even be lookin till you forget they're all there.

Poetry reading during your own wedding is the best way to read poetry - captive audience - all there cause they love you - gotta be a good gig.

have a blast - may all those little butterflies gather round and pull a Cinderella pumpkin fantasy before they take off - might as well put them to work.

cubbies are cool - may the word leak out and you be highly demanded by all cubby owners. - my own cubby created by a great carpenter who lives on the kibbutz is 3-sided and he called it a table, but it's a cubby, believe me.

best to you.

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » May 20th, 2008, 9:45 am

Yeah fun all around!!!! :D
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 24th, 2009, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » May 22nd, 2008, 7:20 am

he's gone. next time, a couple. kewl.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 23rd, 2008, 1:21 pm

one day...!!!!!!!!! best wishes for both of you tomorrow !!!!!!!!! :D

Return to “Ronnie GETS it!”