let the games begin.....5/28/08

Reality written.
YABYUM

let the games begin.....5/28/08

Post by YABYUM » May 28th, 2008, 5:47 pm

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife"

we did it. i'm glad the pressure is off, and i'm glad all the hype is past us. i had the time of my life. (believe me, thats a time) if you had asked me a week ago if i thought the nuptials would cause a bit of the misty eye, i would have said "no fuckin way". i'll tell you you though, when i was staring into deneses eyes listening to her recite her vows, i nearly lost it. i did hold it together long enough to hand the judge an envelope with his "tip" and long enough to become a husband. (did you know they actually give you a special envelope to grease the judges palm?) it was a great moment. we were flanked by deneses mom, dad, and sister. my father also was at our side. later that night we had an awesome family meal at the olive garden. denese and i traded gifts and really enjoyed the company of our parent(s). my dad was a hit with the oregon folk. i was a bit worried considering his love of crass humor.

saturday was the reception party. it was fantastic. although rain was called for, it held off until the last guest left. we recieved some awesome gifts. my favorite is the dvr palm camera. i am on my way to being the next terrentino. our honeymoon was even more relaxed and enjoyable than i could have hoped for. not a single glitch in the plan. dad rented us a 2008 subaru outback, mom and dad in-law rented us a sweet hotel room in portland and we could not have been more stoked. over the weekend we visited omsi and the portland zoo. we also went to an outback restaurant and ate a wonderful $100 dinner.

now we are home, i am back to work, and as the saying goes....the honeymoon is over. denese no longer has a paying job. she is getting acclamated to her new, unpaying job, as full time mommy and keeper of the home. i do not envy her. our small apartment is filled with boxes. we have presents from the bridal shower and the wedding stacked so high i fear we may need to raise the ceiling. on top of all the unpacking and organizing of this stuff, she also has to tend to all the paperwork involved with name changing. believe me, this is no small task. when mommy finishes with all these gift boxes, she then has the daunting task of starting on the nursery. the babies room, at this point, is not a babies room as much as it is a second room full of crap. we still have crap in there from the move-in. in case you may be wondering why i am not involving myself in this venture of home organization i will state simply.....i am not allowed. my job is to take the garbage out as she decides what is garbage. i am box crusher guy. i am put things on the high shelves guy. i am carry the laundry but dont do it guy. i am allowed only to assist with moral support guy. i am thats a terrible idea guy. it may take denese a few weeks to get our apartment turned into a home ready for a baby and family, but i know it will turn out to be splendid, comfortable and better organized than it would be if i were to make decisions.
(she may never have the energy to complete projects in hurried fashion like i do, but i look at her pace as a lesson in patience for myself)

so thats about it. back to work. start getting ready for the here comes the baby hype.
http://frombeerstobabies.blogspot.com/

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » May 28th, 2008, 10:07 pm

lots of details.
(could you film denese convert habitat from box county to smooth, slick? - wanna see what this new camera does)
&
are there photos to share?

YABYUM

Post by YABYUM » May 29th, 2008, 4:28 am

judih.....here is the one pic we have so far. it was taken by deneses sister without us knowing. (those are always the best) this is after everyone was gone and my tie was off. notice the ring on my finger. and the cash t-shirt was part of wedding gift. my wife also bought me the cash anthology. 104 songs. i love cash. he really sings to me.

http://frombeerstobabies.blogspot.com/

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » May 29th, 2008, 7:41 am

you're right! The look on your faces is heart melting.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 29th, 2008, 12:59 pm

good to know that you had a great time, yabyum!!!!

so beautiful-sweet photo!!!! you are hermosos there!!!!!!! :D thanks for share it!!!!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 29th, 2008, 1:21 pm

It all sounds so beautiful!

And yeah, the look in your eyes? wow... that's Love to die for!

beautiful!

Many happy years together, you two!

Congratulations!

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » May 30th, 2008, 2:28 pm

Here's to you guys!!!! :D

Return to “Ronnie GETS it!”