Post by hester_prynne » January 12th, 2005, 7:43 pm

I gathered a leech,
it impeded my speech,
it sucked and it squeaked,
it was neat,
til it leaked.....

perezoso

Post by perezoso » January 12th, 2005, 7:50 pm

O yeah, that post. It's gone into the cosmic crack in the couch, along with norton anthologies and the remains of judeo-Xtian Wehrmacht

a poem--the leech gatherer...and remember Kate Hepburn covered with them until Bogie in a nice Lagerfelt rescued her in the African Drag Queen?

WehrWolfMacht

more malvolio than feste sowwy to say....

with a hey ho the piss and the gas

hester_prynne

Post by hester_prynne » January 12th, 2005, 7:57 pm

the fodderplace....
the cracks in the couch,
the tracks of my tears

Foiled again
by the edit button
chased words
erased,
seems to be the case.

oops, time to get Stella to the pool for swim team practice....
bye!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » January 12th, 2005, 8:41 pm

Bryan wrote:lol what?

I have no idea what that was supposed to mean
It doesn't mean anything, Bryan. It's just Don Rickles Insult Humor which is entirely unfunny. That's what I was trying to explain to you. Pay no attention to it. It's not worth your time. :)

Oh, and I don't know what happened to you over at AC, but this is a totally different place. Please know that we aren't set up like they are over there. They have a list of rules and regulations and they violate people for breaking them. They take threads into invisible areas and moderators make subjective decisions about who said what to whom and whose posts were outa line or something. We don't do that here. We only have ONE rule which is a life rule and that rule is "Be kind to each other." Apparently one of our members doesn't know how to do this consistently. I'm sorry you were the brunt of it this time.

My advice would be to pay no attention to it or laugh at old Rickles. Ya gotta admit such lame insults deserve to be laughed at.

perezoso

Post by perezoso » January 12th, 2005, 9:54 pm

EEEEKK!

IT's CABBAGE GAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » January 12th, 2005, 10:42 pm

I never insulted your writings, peresozo. I insulted your insults.

Oh, looks like you edited your post just as I clicked reply.

*sigh*

But I remember what you said so I'll reply to it anyway.

Please don't call people on these boards names any more - I'm not talking about the "cabbage gal" which you just posted. I have no clue what that means. And it sorta looks cool in bright blue large-format text. I'm talking about the comments which you've since deleted.

I'm going to record this for you so you can play it over and over, ok? I'll send you an mp3.

To answer your other accusation - I never fancied myself any great poet or anything. I just write stuff. Most of it is lame, though I do sometimes find I wrote a line or two which I was glad I wrote.

I don't need to defend my wit.

I'm a two-wit gal.
Dim. And Nit.

That's about it!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » January 12th, 2005, 10:54 pm

For the record, Mizzter P

I find some of your essays exceptionally compelling and much of your poetry artistically structured with imagery and metaphor that blows me away (though you say you do not consider yourself a poet).

I also find your contributions to this board in regards to world events, philosophy, politics, social situations, music, and art, to be not only welcome, but inspiring.

I would love to publish some of your essays in the Great Ideas section of the main site, as I've told you before.

http://studioeight.tv/greatideas.html

I also find your humor and wit to be edgy and quick and I admire your usage of verbiage and phrasing ....... that is... when you aren't insulting people.

So, that's all I have to say for now. You are very welcome here and if you could kindly tone down your rickles invective, we won't subject you to the same shit you dole out.

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

- The Walrus and The Carpenter, Lewis Carroll

perezoso

Post by perezoso » January 13th, 2005, 1:17 am

Doreen--

Thanks for your thoughtful response. Sloth is one of my character faults, and the last few years I have been sucked deep into the soothing vortex of the Internet--and I do enjoy the gear, the warez, the networking, etc--but the online writing thing is, for me at least, pyrite. No long explanations needed. L-rod and you and the Litkicks gang are well-meaning, at least sometimes. There is real rage behind Clay's writing and some tragedy there--and I wish I could help. I can't waste any more time venting narcissistically (another fault of mine) online however.

Best of luck

Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » January 18th, 2005, 6:02 am

perezoso wrote:. I can't waste any more time venting narcissistically (another fault of mine) online however.
Substitute lying for venting above and it makes sense.

perezoso

Post by perezoso » January 18th, 2005, 2:50 pm

Hey can collector, ya gotta work on yr delivery..
maybe you'll take Talent Night at yr local gay NA, banjo boy

Return to “General Discussion”