Poll: Submissions for the Studio 8 Book

S8 anthologies & member's books.

About submitting for the book, I...

have submitted!
78%
am in the process of choosing and will submit. Most definitely!
22%
haven't begun yet, but fully intend to get right down to it!
No votes
no! i need help! (leave your name below)
No votes

Total votes: 9

judih
Site Admin

Poll: Submissions for the Studio 8 Book

Post by judih » October 27th, 2006, 6:17 am

Edit: New Deadline: November 15/06

Have you combed your work and submitted up to 8 pieces?
Have you mailed your chosen beloveds to Doreen at studioeightbooks@aol.com ?

This poll is here to find out!
Last edited by judih on November 4th, 2006, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

panta rhei

Post by panta rhei » October 27th, 2006, 6:48 am

submitted two pieces so far, and am in the process of choosing what else to submit. gotta make a final decision / submission this weekend!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » October 27th, 2006, 2:15 pm

I am in the process of selecting some of my own works to submit to the book.

Thank you, judih, for the poll... and thanks panta and all who have contributed so far.

After the Oct 31st deadline, we're going to have an event called "8 Images in Search of a Poet" (inspired by Pirandello's title, "Six Characters in Search of an Author")

We'll select 8 images from the submissions and post them and we can all write poetry inspired by the images..... keeping in mind that the poems we post to the threads may be selected to be published in the book to accompany the images. It will be fun and inspiring!

We'll do this early November.

If anybody wants to contribute but still hasn't and feels they need an extension on the deadline, let me know. The deadline is not set in stone.

But once we get into the manuscript process where I'm putting together the submitted pieces into a document to be reviewed so that we can create a final manuscript, it will be too late to submit. That will happen after our event in November.... mid November some time...

So, please send your contributions as soon as you can if you haven't already, OK?

For those of you who are curious as to how many have submitted so far....

We have 14 contributers so far. I still need to select some of my own so that makes 15.

If we set a goal of having 20 contributers and publish approx 4 works each, we'll have a 100 page book (to include table of contents, bio pages, a word about studio eight, etc.)

I think that's a good goal. Do you agree?

All of you are talented and have material worthy of publishing. This is a community collaboration. So please send in your contributions, ok?

Thanks all!

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » October 29th, 2006, 1:05 pm

good ejercicio to find and re/read what the hell I wrote here under poetry's name in two years!!!
did I really write that?
I doubt someone (all of you don't count because you are in some way acostumbrados to them) find the texts more or less legible..!
Even though, I oddly and joyfully feel part of this community and it's not my intention to boycott anything. So, I'll post or mail some of them. Feel free to do with them or with the not posted what you want!.
saludos,

Arcadia

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » November 1st, 2006, 12:10 pm

i have submitted
where is the poll?
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 1st, 2006, 12:45 pm

Arcadia... I extended the deadline until Nov 15th. Looking forward to your submissions. You can email them to studioeightbooks@aol.com.

Jimbo - Thanks very much for your submissions! I've got them! The poll is right at the top of this thread.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » November 4th, 2006, 7:51 pm

doreen: I was reading last weekend, and I re/discover I'm not good in the choosing arts, (maybe I'll do a sorteo and post the results!). And some things are only in spanish and I have to try a translation. November 15th? (I'm joking, I'll try to send them before the last minute..!)

BambiPurrs

Post by BambiPurrs » November 4th, 2006, 11:28 pm

Doreen....

I posted some doodling collages I've done...do you want me to email them to you instead? I'm coming in at the 11th hour here..twins keeping me BUSY...but about the writing submissions...they are supposed to correlate to artwork posted? If you need to, email me and set me straight here LOL. There are so many threads about this I'm a bit confused

Judi

bambipurr@yahoo.com
[url=http://bambipurr.freehosting.net/]Welcome To Judi's Joint[/url][img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/BambiPurrs/BlackCatRuns.gif[/img]

[color=green][b]I'm Not The Average Bear[/color][/b]

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 5th, 2006, 3:08 pm

Hey Judy! Good to see you!

Sorry for the confusion. I saw what you posted... lovely! I can copy the poems from there but do you have the images at 300dpi? If you do, could you email them to studioeightbooks@aol.com please?

If you don't have them at 300dpi, that's ok. I can copy them from the thread you posted them in.

Great work! I love them! Thank you for participating!

e_dog

Post by e_dog » December 2nd, 2006, 12:59 am

What Book?
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » December 2nd, 2006, 1:37 am

e-dog. Check out this thread:
http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8168
about the first Studio 8 Anthology.

Return to “S8 Community Books”