Duckpin Bowling

Go ahead. Talk about it.
Post Reply
saw
Posts: 9129
Joined: May 23rd, 2008, 7:32 am
Location: B'more, Maryland

Duckpin Bowling

Post by saw »

This is a sport I've been involved with since i was in grade school.....and as an adult I've been bowling in league competition for about 50 years.....took a short break with covid, then cancer...but I'm back at it......our 4 man team are The Pinheads, and we bowl at Stoneleigh Lanes here in Baltimore.....3 of us have been together continously for 30 years.....and the 4th man has been rotated in and out, including my oldest son Matthew.....Henry Scott bowled with us for quite a few years until he he surprisingly passed away in the hospital after a minor operation 5 years ago. Stoneleigh Lanes celebrate their 80th year of continous bowling this month.

I've included a blurb about the great female duckpin bowler Toots Barger.....Toots was a popular nickname when I was growing up and I had 2 aunts that were never called anything else but Aunt Tootsie.....I don't remember what their birth names were exactly, but I think one was Grace, and one was Frances....

long time ago........duckpins rule......it's the quirkiest disparate gathering of humans you could ever imagine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toots_Barger
the death of empathy is the birth of barbarism
User avatar
sasha
Posts: 2819
Joined: April 12th, 2016, 12:01 pm
Location: New Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Duckpin Bowling

Post by sasha »

Glad to hear you're back into it! Medicare can't provide what that kind of camaraderie does. Love the name of your team - the Pinheads. Yow! We are having Fun! ;-)
.
"If one could deduce the nature of the Creator from a study of creation, it would appear that He has an inordinate fondness for beetles." -- evolutionary biologist J B S Haldane, (1892-1964)
saw
Posts: 9129
Joined: May 23rd, 2008, 7:32 am
Location: B'more, Maryland

Re: Duckpin Bowling

Post by saw »

Thanx Roy...so far I haven't embarrassed myself, but there is plenty of room for improvement.... 8) :lol: :oops:
the death of empathy is the birth of barbarism
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”